Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Range of interpretation

Regarding the questionable shooting of a black teen named Trayvon Martin, Obama said  “If I’d have had a son, the boy could’ve looked like Tray.”  Gingrich interprets this as a racist statement and says  “What he’s suggesting is if a white teen had been shot ..that would be OK.”  Santorum interprets it as an opportunistic statement, accusing Obama of  “..using these types of tragic individual cases to try to drive a wedge in America.”  The LA Times has another interpretation “What we think Obama was trying to say is that Trayvon Martin could have been the son of the president of the United States.”    I don’t have a clue. It all sounds opportunistic to me. I’m even using it as an opportunity. Gives me something to write about.

No comments: